AmigaActive (1007/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:11 May 2000 at 20:40:32
Subject:Re: CDV (was Re: WooooHoooo!)

Hello Clyde,

On 09-May-00, you wrote:

> Back to the topic:-
> Weren't all Video CD's encoded using the MPG-1 standard? And all
> DVD's use MPG-2?

I've no idea, this is all new ground for me :)

> Can DVD's play back MPG-1 CD's? I thought that the market for MPG1
> video CD's died out and that is has sort of become the Betamax of
> film on CD. I think there is some sort of market in the Far East
> albeit rather small.

I think DVDs can play back both standards.

You're pretty much on the ball as regards the standing of VCDs from
what I can gather, but hopefully I'll have one to try shortly, so I
can see what all the fuss is about :)

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

Help the environment. Recycle your boss.

Keep in touch with eGroups,
Keep your long distance bills lower with beMANY!